By StayWell FHIR experts
Better coordination, better care, better outcomes. These are shared goals across health care, and using innovative technologies, like SMART on FHIR®, is how to reach them. These technologies have the ability to create a smooth information exchange, in a secure manner, without custom code.
Seeing the role FHIR technologies have played and continue to play in improving coordination and health outcomes, StayWell has taken its renowned patient education and applied a SMART on FHIR framework to build our patient engagement tool: Krames On FHIR®. This flexible application integrates into the Epic EHR system and directly into the provider workflow—providing relevant information from the patient record, including conditions, medications, and procedures to create a holistic view. The application then recommends award-winning patient education based on the patient’s needs and condition.
Krames On FHIR makes it easy to find and deliver the right patient education materials, resulting in a more informed patient and a lot of time saved for clinicians and IT staff.
Benefits of SMART on FHIR technologies include:
- Eliminates quarterly uploads with automatic updates that saves time for IT staff
- Facilitates implementation using our preapproved app
- Meets regulatory requirements as the application securely reads patient data from and writes data back into the EHR
- Enables clinicians to customize patient education and publish it to the end user
- Ability to view the dates of education that the patient has previously received
- Provides performance metrics to stakeholders
- Enhances patient and portal engagement, with less work from internal teams
- Allows creation of enterprise-wide folders and preferred condition-specific content
- Prints directly from the interface and publishes to the patient portal
- Offers an intuitive, seamless experience for optimized workflow with fully branded patient engagement content and tools